Saturday, December 5, 2020

Dinner from Taqueria Los Gueros in East Rutherford, NJ

 Years ago Dan and I discovered Taqueria Los Gueros.  I don't even remember how - I think we passed by it when he was looking at cars.  We live now so close to so many of them.  This actual order was a tad disappointing because they messed up Dan's order - he wanted a burrito and somehow got a quesadilla.  I also forgot how greasy the chorizo can be.  I think that's better to order when you can eat there, because otherwise it's wayyy oily.  Still, I'm going to give it a pass since we had so many good experiences before.  It took a long time to come too, so in the future maybe will order from one of their other restaurants that may be farther but is less crowded.

I ordered 2 americano tacos - one with chorizo (top, very greasy) and the other with al pastor.  I also ordered a fajita taco with steak.  The latter two were very good but as I mentioned, the chorizo was very greasy and that kind of seeped into the others since they were in the same container.  The avocado could also look better.  I think that issue would resolve if we had eaten in person at the store, but alas, quarantine

Somehow Dan's paisa burrito became a quesadilla womp womp

The churros were good but unfilled, so gonna have to say Carlitos' churros are more satisfying


No comments:

Post a Comment