Saturday, December 5, 2020

Dinner from Tokyo Express in Elmwood Park, NJ

 I'm very excited to have found a place nearby with inexpensive yet delicious and fresh-tasting poke.  Tokyo Express looked sort of hit or miss, but the poke we got was excellent.  Very large portions, plenty of fish, and so many toppings available for free.  I wasn't sure what all of the sauces were so had some regret about my choice, but now I know for next time.

Both bowls.  Each only $11.25!

Dan got tuna and yellowtail with white rice, sweet onion, scallions, furikake, masago, dried seaweed, edamame, seaweed salad, cucumber.  With Tokyo sauce (soy basically) and house ginger, which was nice and creamy and balanced out the acid well.  

I got a bowl with salmon, yellowtail, white rice, furikake, crab meat, masago, dried seaweed, edamame, seaweed salad, cucumber, sweet corn and crispy garlic.  For sauces, I got Tokyo Sauce and Yuzu Ponzu.  The latter was definitely soy heavy, so kind of like getting two of the same sauce, hence my regret for not getting House Ginger.  Next time, I would to Toyko Sauce + House Ginger, and no garlic.



Bowl all mixed up.  So large I couldn't finish and had some the next day.  Only critique is they need to cut up the cucumber.  They were huge thick slices, like larger than you would cut for a salad.  WHY?


No comments:

Post a Comment