Friday, December 4, 2020

Home-made ube cookies and ube pancakes

Ube Ube Ube.  It's sooo popular and trendy now but as a Filipina, I've always known about it and loved it.  Ube is made from taro, a purple root crop native to the Philippines.  I'd describe the taste as a bit nutty and earthy but sweet.

I have a lemon sugar cookie recipe that I made that everyone loves.  I tweaked it to substitute ube extract for the lemon flavor and it was incredible!  Beautiful purple color and great ube flavor.  Not too much so for people who are new to the flavor, it's a great gateway.  Kookie also gave me ube pancake mix and ube butter, which you can get here. You just add water, so it's easy as you can get awesome flavor.  

Rolled dough and sugar topping.  Super purple

After cooking, the color definitely calmed down

Beauties



Pancakes w/bacon

Ube pancake smothered in ube cookie butter  The cookie better was a bit intense, but if you are gaga for ube, this is for you!

I know they don't look super appetizing (the purple turns a little brown/gray) but they taste AWESOME




No comments:

Post a Comment